Yoga für Kinder im Kindergarten und in der Schule, Kinderyoga-Kurse in Yoga-Studios sowie Vereinen in Wien und im Burgenland
YOGA FOR KIDS
“If we are to teach real peace in this world, we shall have to begin with the children.” Mahatma Gandhi
The amazing benefits of yoga, the 5,000-year-old art of fusing body, mind and breath, have become available to more and more children over the past few years. Yoga is a great and fun way to explore, to relax and to ground yourself!
Kids do not learn yoga, however. They experience it with all their senses!
In my kids yoga classes, I like to take the kids on yoga adventures, where we may turn into wild animals, brave surfers, tall trees or graceful dancers. We get to explore foreign countries, sometimes we even travel into space, or we take a journey into our body and find out how it works. During these adventures, we learn yoga poses, do partner and group exercises, play yoga games; we sing and we dance.
We may integrate elements from geography, anatomy, languages, math and other areas and learn exciting new things or review playfully. We also do gentle massages, drawing meditations and go on imaginary journeys in our mind. In short, we move from activity and adventure to relaxation and stillness. To learn this shift is truly a gift for life!
As for the numerous BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR KIDS:
- Children develop greater strength and flexibility in their growing bodies
- Yoga helps enhance concentration and focus
- It provides tools for managing stressful situations
- Kids learn to relax and to handle their emotions
- Yoga helps increase self-esteem and self-confidence
- It sparks creativity and self-expression
- It inspires kids to be kind, patient, accepting, and emphatic with themselves and their peers
- Yoga teaches kids about their body
- Kids (re-)discover the joy of moving the body and engaging the mind
- And best of all – kids yoga is a lot of fun, and fun is most conducive to learning
Check out ongoing kids yoga courses and workshops in Vienna & Burgenland and drop by for a trial class!
I also offer courses and workshops in schools and kindergartens.
For further information, to schedule a private session (including at birthday parties etc.) or if you would like to sign up for a course, please contact me!